With July quickly coming to close, every teachers nightmare, I began thinking of the top 5 songs in July according to B.O.B. of course…and no your opinion doesn’t count, unless you agree with me. I base my decisions on my own personal taste, iTunes play counts, and radio play. So here goes….
5) Dope B*tch -The Dream-King of the infectious hook, The Dream does it again. What can we say he’s got a dope b*tch. Check out Fab’s remix for one liners.
4) National Anthem (Remix)-Das Racist x Lana Del Rey- Das Racist remixes err really remakes National Anthem complete with witty word play and quotables.
3) 3 Kings-Dr.Dre, Rick Ross, Jay-Z- Released just about a week ago had the internet going crazy. One of the many reasons Dre will never drop Detox, just guest appearances from here on out. Jake One’s production is far greater than the mediocre verses, but this song has to be better than one called Diced Pineapples.
2) Bye Baby-Nas- Nas’ open letter to Kelis. Raw and full of heart break/ache and the road back. Nas takes on a mature thug’s journey about loving and losing love. Next time he’ll pick the truest type, aight.
1) Pyramids-Frank Ocean- I could have put the whole album on here, but since this the first single he leaked to us at the end of June I decided to go with it. A 10 minute song which could really be 3 songs in one, tells a story of Cleopatra prostituting her body and country all in the name of power and wealth.
Amen- Meek Mill- Makes the list because of all the controversary started behind the song title and lyrics. It was considered to be sacreligious by a Philadelphia minister who banned the song. After a public apology by Mill the ban has been lifted although the radio here never stopped playing it.
Adorn-Miguel- Technically a June release Adorn has made its way into many a DJs mix because of its catchy melody. It’s smooth listening and let’s be honest what girl doesn’t want a man to adorn her with his love.